Melissa Callender sits on the Event Planning Committee for the local non-profit, The Hope Box. The Hope Box tackles the issue of infant abandonment in Georgia by educating first responders and healthcare providers on Georgia’s Safe Haven laws. They also respond to mothers in crisis 24/7, providing trauma-informed, wrap-around care for mothers and babies.
“The most vulnerable in our society need a voice and an advocate. The Hope Box is filling that role and is working to improve outcomes for abandoned infants.”
Please join us on February 12th at from 6-10 PM at The Foxglove (just off the Marietta square) for The Hope Box’s annual Valentine’s Ball. This black tie event will feature dance music, a silent auction, raffle prizes, signature cocktails, and more. Get your tickets here: https://4agc.com/commerce_pages/12e039ef-56b2-4c8c-b76d-b6fa5365201a
All tickets, sponsorships, and silent auction items are tax deductible.
More information on The Hope Box: https://www.thehopebox.org/
Contact me if you have any questions or if you would like to help!
Moore Ingram Johnson & Steele sponsored and participated in the Southeastern Minority Job Fair for law students and recent law school graduates.
This July, MIJS was thrilled to sponsor and participate in the Southeastern Minority Job Fair for law students and recent law school graduates. Even with Zoom we could tell that each of the candidates was well prepared, inquisitive and highly motivated. The profession will be in great hands with this next generation of lawyers! #SEMJF Southeastern Minority Job Fair (semjf.org)
Kimberly Young giving back to the community.
Attorney Kimberly Young served as Co-Chair of the YLD for the Florida Defense Lawyers Association. The YLD orchestrated a fundraising event at the recent Florida Claims Conference, and they raised over $2,000 at the event to benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank
Kimberly Young is a board member of the West Orange Junior Service League.
Through the league, she had the opportunity to help coordinate a Survivor Challenge Day with outdoor field games and a Pizza Hut lunch for the girls living at the Edgewood Children’s Ranch.
Kimberly Young, her husband, and their parents supported the Giving Back Event hosted at the West Orange Country Club in Winter Garden, Florida. The event benefited Matthew’s Hope Ministries, which is a faith-based homeless outreach ministry serving the needs of the homeless community in West Orange County, Florida.
To celebrate women and fitness, Angela Flowers and Catalina Diaz will be participating in the Virtual Northside Hospital Atlanta Women’s 5K on Saturday, March 27, 2021.
The 17th Annual Sleigh bells on The Square was wildly successful this year! Our infamous leader, Partner Robert Ingram, adorned in the Sleigh bells Mascot costume!
Sleigh bells on the Square is the primary fundraiser for the Children’s Emergency Fund, a 501c3 benefitting children and families in the Marietta City Schools and Cobb County Schools.
Builders Insurance Charity Golf Classic: Benefits Kids’ Chance of Georgia. MIJS has been a Platinum sponsor of this tournament for the last 15 years. Kids’ Chace provides scholarships to children of parents who have had serious injuries or death in work-related accidents. This event has raised over $780,000.00 to date for scholarships. http://www.bldrs.com/charity-classic.php https://kidschancega.org/
- WellStar Foundation Golf Tournament and Gala:
MIJS participates in both of these events sponsored by the WellStar Foundation. Here is the link for additional information: https://www.wellstar.org/foundation/pages/default.aspx
- City of Hope – Strike Out Cancer: MIJS has participated with Builders Insurance Group in sponsoring a bowling event to raise funds for the City of Hope. https://www.cityofhope.org/homepage
- Moore Ingram Johnson & Steele Scholarship Fund:
- Georgia Legal Food Frenzy:
MIJS won the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy for a firm our size two years in a row.
- Cobb County Bar Associations’ Children’s Emergency Fund/Sleighbells on the Square
- Spooktacular Chase: MIJS has had runners and volunteers, as well as participate in this for several years. All proceeds for this event support the life-changing services provided by Vision Rehabilitation Services of Georgia (VRS) to individuals of all ages who are blind or visually impaired across 31 counties of North Georgia. https://vrsga.org/
- Cobb County Youth Museum
- Bulldogs Battling Breast Cancer
- Alexis Grubbs Memorial Golf Tournament: Provides scholarships for deserving students entering any field connected to the law.
- Law Day Classic Golf Tournament: Benefiting the Cobb County Bar Associations Children’s Emergency Fund.
- The Strand Theater
- Cobb Energy Center
- Glow it Up Blue: Race supports Autisum Awareness
- Feeding the Homeless Project, Inc.
Both attorneys and staff have participated with “Feeding the Homeless Project, Inc.” in providing hot meals for men and women living on the streets of Atlanta and has served as a corporate sponsor for this organization.
- March of Dimes Annual Walk on Marietta Square:
- The Extension: The Extension is a residential addiction recovery program for homeless men and women. Homeless men and women who are struggling with chemical dependency apply to live at The Extension’s facilities. They receive intensive counseling, job training, and life coaching to help them recover from addiction and become productive members of society.
- M.U.S.T. Ministries
- Clark’s Christmas Kids: Collects money and gifts to help make the holidays a little better for children and youth in Georgia’s foster care program.
- The Salvation Army
- Marietta Lions Club
September 2016 – On September 14, MIJS provided dinner to the residents at the men’s campus of The Extension. The Extension is a residential addiction recovery facility for homeless men and women in Cobb County.
It addresses the one of the chief root causes of homelessness in a way that helps homeless men and women transition into productive members of society.
August 2016 – MIJS Partner Jeffrey Daxe and Cobb County men raise $3k for victims of deadly Louisiana flood – Learn More